Selling a business is never easy. Just as each business owner is unique so too is each business as it reflects the personality of the owner. To help you
navigate the many nuances of selling a business, this book breaks down the complexities and therefore the decisions you have to make. It explains why and how you need to plan ahead for taxes, how to avoid potential legal, accounting, and other roadblocks, how to value your business and other assets, and much more.
Are you ready to know how to successfully sell your business? If you are thinking about selling your business, this comprehensive workbook will help you understand the complexities involved and the decisions you have to make.
The book is written by a professional business broker with many years of real world business experience not only as a broker but also owning and
operating his own businesses. This guide is intended to help you sell your business in the shortest time and for the best price possible.
- Plan ahead for taxes and legal matters
- Avoid potential roadblocks and deal killers
- Research and properly prepare for success
- Arrive at the correct value of your assets
- Look and find potential buyers
- Conduct effective negotiations
- Consider and review different finance options
- Protect the sale of your business with confidentiality agreements
- Prepare an executive summary & confidential business review
- The importance of obtaining a business valuation
- Qualify a buyer to make sure they are right for you
- Correctly complete the sale & transfer of ownership of your business
- Hire the right professionals to assist you at the right point in the transaction
This guide also includes dozens of worksheets, checklists and charts to help you prepare and track each step of the transaction.
According to industry research, only one out of every 5.5 businesses that lists for sale actually sells. Selling a business is a complex and emotional process. You can improve your chances of success with knowledge and preparation. This workbook arms you with the tools you need to navigate through the transaction and successfully sell your business.
Since 1983, Andrew has owned and operated five businesses. At just 27 years old, he bought his first business, an international travel agency. His hard work paid off, resulting in a large increase in sales. Just two years later, Andrew sold the travel agency for two and a half times its original purchase price. Andrew went on to own and manage two retail office equipment/furniture stores, & then a Los Angeles based wholesale travel and tourism company that had an annual turnover of over $10,000,000.
Andrew and his wife Anne later became the owners of an executive suites business in Fair Oaks, California. Anne operated this business while Andrew worked as an outsourced program manager at the Roseville campus of Hewlett Packard. At HP, Andrew managed a team of 42 employees, deploying a new global call center and support team that included Web developers, technical writers and trainers.
Currently, Andrew Rogerson holds the Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) designation from the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), the highest designation awarded by the IBBA. Andrew has also earned the Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation from the California Association of Business Brokers. He holds a Certified Machinery and Equipment designation (CMEA) from the NEBB Institute and is a Certified Senior Business Analyst (CSBA) with the Society of Business Analysts. He also holds a Brokers License with the California Department of Real Estate.
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) designation from the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), the highest designation awarded by the IBBA.
- Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation from the California Association of Business Brokers.
- Certified Machinery and Equipment designation (CMEA) from the NEBB Institute.
- Certified Senior Business Analyst (CSBA) with the Society of Business Analysts.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker with the California Department of Real Estate.
- Past local chair of the Sacramento Chapter of the California Association of Business Brokers.